Are you passionate about your local community - the community of Hawthorn, Auburn, Hawthorn East, Canterbury, Camberwell and Surrey Hills?
Already in 2022 Hawthorn District has taken a historic leap, electing its own community-backed independent to Federal Parliament.
Now, we are looking for someone special who can represent the community's values in Victorian Parliament, including:
- Community representation;
- Integrity in leadership;
- Evidence-based policy;
- Respect and equality;
- Encouraging diversity and inclusion.
The ideal candidate is someone who is also:
- Intelligent, with a willingness to learn and develop your own political skill;
- Collaborative - building connections, and working to find common ground;
- Empathetic, and a good listener;
- Professional and capable.
Research conducted by Hawthorn Independents between June and July 2022 suggests a high-quality independent candidate who embodies these values stands a very strong chance of success in Hawthorn - and of making a difference in Victorian Parliament.
If you'd like to apply to be the Candidate for Hawthorn, simply get in touch by completing this confidential form.